January 2, 2019

Read Alouds...Happy New Year (Post #3)

Ramona Recommends has the best suggestions for picture books. I can't wait to share these with my class.

I will also be reading one of my favorites from Chris Van Allsburg. Queen of the Falls fits right in with our emphasis on nonfiction in January. This biography tells the story of Annie Taylor Edison... the first person to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel.
I always begin with a video showing Niagara Falls to build background knowledge. Use safeyoutube to omit the ads.

This 3 minute video is for another day. Van Allsburg discusses Queen of the Falls, his writing process, and gives an office tour.

The next page in the New Year's Flash Freebie has been posted...a quick review of finding factors.


I hope you like this product and would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I will have a new post tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment