February 10, 2019

Valentine's Day and More

Valentine's Day is on Thursday, so I'm adding hearts galore to what we are doing this week!

We have worked on properties of addition and multiplication, so I incorporated the concepts into a valentine bag. Students will decorate hearts showing examples of the properties and fact families...perfect for math stations. This includes a planning sheet, template to decorate bags, name tag, review sheet, and a homework pass.
Every month I like to have something that students can work on independently for morning work, at a station, or for an unexpected meeting. This includes fractions, decimals, and multiplication so I can easily differentiate. My students enjoy this format, and I always hear great math talk as they complete the activities.
Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch is available on Storyline OnlineIt will be the perfect ending for our valentine exchange...and gives me a few minutes to pull things together for dismissal. We will listen to the story on Thursday...and then use the book to review characterization and cause and effect on Friday.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check out my store for more February ideas and this freebie!

No comments:

Post a Comment